Last updated Tuesday 27th August 2019
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Alphaex Capital Limited (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Table of contents
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
- SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
- SUMMARY OF DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, billing address, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
We use Stripe and PayPal as payment processors:
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our websites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to set up your account for our site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to set up your account when you return to our site.
At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our site to prepopulate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
Information collected from other Sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc.), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login process [with your Consent]. We use the information that you provide on our registration form to process and open your account with us. You can only open an account with Alphaex Capital if you agree to the processing of your data on the registration page.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications [for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- To send administrative information to you [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual]. We may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your subscriptions [for Contractual reasons]. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, cancellations, and refunds made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials [with your Consent]. We use a third-party vendor, Trustpilot, to provide verified reviews and share your information with them to verify you purchased the product. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer prize draws and competitions [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites [for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons]. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To protect our Products [for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons]. We may use your e-mail address to assign you a password, in additional print your name and e-mail on each PDF document to deter illegal sharing and copyright infringement.
- To enable user-to-user communications [for our Business Purposes] We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications. We are only able to respond to your requests which can be achieved by submitting an e-mail to email@example.com, submit a Support Ticket which you can do by logging into your Alphaex Capital account or submit a Live Chat request.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual].
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm [for Legal Reasons]. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
3. OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
In Short: We have outlined the criteria for Alphaex Capital to qualify communications and data processing as Legitimate Interests.
We only qualify the processing and storage of your data and communicate with you under the following criteria deemed as a Legitimate Interest:
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Alphaex Capital, including:-
- Selling and supplying services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing insurance claims by customers;
- Protecting Alphaex Capital, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Alphaex Capital;
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Alphaex Capital; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Data Processing & Storage – We qualify all customers and prospects on that have completed the registration page (for both Free and Premium Accounts) as a legitimate interest. By opening an account acknowledge that the information is accurate and you also consent for the data provided to be processed and stored in our encrypted database for the duration of the account held with us. Your data is deleted and erased upon cancelling your account with us.
- Communications. We qualify all customers that have opened an account with us to be contacted by e-mail for the following:
- Important Account & Service Updates (Not marketing offers)
- E-mail notifications for Trading Signals
- Welcome E-mail series to help guide you and set up your account over the course of a week,
- Support Ticket help; providing in-house support via the website.
- Live Chat support.
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Alphaex Capital is not making use of these messages or data other than to follow up on users’ registered issues or inquiries. Your personal data will be processed and transmitted in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Trustpilot is a service that provides a review collection on our behalf and verifies them. Trustpilot sends customers an e-mail to request a review and process it. You can find out how Trustpilot processes your data here: https://uk.legal.trustpilot.com/end-user-privacy-terms. You can opt-out, or choose not to provide a review.
- iThemes Security
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Security Logs – The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days.
How long we retain your data – Security logs are retained for 14 days.
litespeed-cache – This site utilises caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
- GeoIP Detection – This site is using GeoLite2 City database (updated monthly) to identify the geographic location of your IP address. This site is saving the IP of the visitors of the last 1 week for performance reasons. We only use the IP to prevent specific adverts being served to United States Citizens.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit(s) to our site(s) and/or other sites on the Internet.
- You can read how Google processes your data here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
6. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in London, United Kingdom. To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Alphaex Capital to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
7. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
10. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics cookies – you can do so here:
Click above and unselect the Google Analytics cookie within the Performance tab.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below:
- E-mail –email@example.com
- Open a Support Ticket via My Account
- Go to Data Request Form and request a review.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Sites.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
13. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY – UK
We hope that you find our posts useful but please note that none of the information we provide constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice. Any research or analysis we refer to will have been obtained by Alphaex Capital for its own purposes, and any predictions, opinions or estimates we may give are made on a general basis. On social media platforms, we may also post links to third party websites. If we do, and you enter and access those sites, please bear in mind that you will be doing so at your own risk. What’s more, we cannot warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and materials contained on any of the third party websites that we may post links to.
We ask that you please do not post any personal or account information on our social media pages. Please contact us to speak directly at email@example.com
Any opinions expressed by followers do not necessarily represent the views of Alphaex Capital. Comments are moderated and are published at our discretion.
Alphaex Capital reserves the right to block any follower who posts content that is deemed inappropriate or offensive, constitutes a testimonial or investment, tax or legal advice or is promotional in nature. Alphaex Capital also reserves the right to block followers whose own social media page contains offensive or inappropriate content or serves as a promotional site.
1. Opening hours
9am to 5pm (GMT), Monday to Friday (excluding local Public holidays). During these hours we will endeavour to respond to your post within 24 hours. If you post comments or queries outside of these hours we may not respond until the next working day.
We will NEVER ask you to send us your personal or account details via Social Media. However, we may ask you to Direct Message us more details so that we can respond to your particular queries directly. Please DO NOT post and or comment on any personal details or secure information on this page as any post containing these will be deleted immediately upon our awareness.
In the interests of protecting individuals we reserve the right to remove posts containing any of the following:
- personal or confidential information (this is to protect you)
- abusive, defamatory, offensive and hateful language
- trolling or deliberately disruptive discussions
- violations of any intellectual property rights
- any mistakes that we make
- inaccurate, misleading or inappropriate statements about our products, services and people
Please do not post content containing this material to our social media accounts.
- Please only comment in English
- Please do not use capitals – it is inferred as shouting
- Alphaex Capital is not affiliated to Twitter / Facebook / Instagram; we have no control over the way in which the social media platform or other third parties use the information you share on the site. Please see privacy and security policies for this
- Alphaex Capital does not provide financial advice
- The information on our social media accounts is for general information only and we do not provide any representation, warranty or guarantee it will be complete, accurate or up-to-date. To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any damage or loss that arises from use of this information
- By using or accessing this page, we understand that you’re familiar with and agree to comply with the social media’s User Agreement which grants certain rights to the social platform.
- Please only post comments if you are compliant with these House Rules
For Twitter’s full Terms and Conditions please click here.
For Facebook’s full Terms and Conditions please click here.